Thursday, December 25, 2014

Breathe With Me

We walk slowly side by side,
Four hoof beats in rhythm to two foot steps.
There is no set path, no defined motion.
We exist on this plain together with no destined fate.
Neither is leading, nor following.
Each step is allowed to fall into place as it may,
Each breath is drawn in and allowed to flow out in peace.
This is where meditation began.
To the beat of his heart.
To the rhythmic sighs and sways of his inhales and exhales.
One gets lost here.
One forgets all reason, all needs and wants.
For existence just is in this place of time.
In this moment of moments.

Breathe with me.
He guides me without pulling.
Without pushing.
Without forcing.
I let go of everything and let my body sway and swing along beside him.
The earth is eaten up below us.
This is how we dance in perfect silence.
This is where we have our deepest conversations.
Without a single word.
Without any translation between species.

Breathe with me.
A quickened pace, a half step over and a long stride away.
Up, forwards, back and around again.
This is no set pattern.
There is no plan in place.
To live fully in this moment is the most freeing task.
The power of now comes from his heart.
His instinct.
His feel.
Without his guidance I would be lost in my own mind.
Without ever knowing how transforming this moment is.

Breathe with me.
We stop. Wholeheartedly in place.
Deep breaths.
Energy all around.
He looks into my soul.
And I into his.
This is how I need to be for him.
This is how I teach my teacher.
This is how my teacher teaches me.
He has shown me through feel.
Through kindness.
Softness.
Patience.
And commitment.

I will breathe with him.
And this is how I will always be.
As this is how he needs me to be.
As this is how I need me to be.


No comments:

Post a Comment